Background

Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Family Week of Fun!

My amazingly wonderful brother in law (Kevin Marchant) was graduating from Pharmacy school, and because there were too many people to have at thier house, my parents decided to leave the kids in my possesion. I would have loved to go, but Justin and I have such a crazy work schedule anyways, it never could have worked out. Jasmin (Justin's sister) didn't want to miss out on a party, so she decided to join us for our week of fun, and I was thrilled!

The "Children" (or the "Teenagers"), as Justin and I called them were little whiners for the first couple of days saying nonsense about how they "missed thier friends", they "never get to see them", and "we won't get to see them for a WHOLE summer"..... but I put them in thier place. "It's family week darnit," I said,  "and you are all going to spend time TOGETHER... and you are going to LIKE IT!! And you are not going to play on your 'phones' or 'Facebook', and we are going to spend QUALITY TIME TOGETHER!! BECAUSE WE ALL LOVE EACH OTHER!!" to which Danny replied: "Yeah but I won't get to see them this summer because I am too busy doing other things!" and to which I replied: "Danny, families are forever..... and we are going to spend eternity together so you better just get used to it!" and that shut the "teenagers" up. Well... for a little while. Jenny was the only good child. She just sat in the corner playing with her pom-pom asking what we were going to have for dinner. :)  She was by far the easiest child we had... :) But I still love all of them, they just needed to be put in their place, and I was happy to do it.

The week was absolutely wonderful! We went swimming, has snow cones, watched movies, had a BBQ, played the Wii, and just LOVED each others company!

Isn't she just the cutest?! I made drumsticks for dinner one night and she absolutely loved them! 
 Lots of time was spent in the car, these kids were troopers being crammed in the back of the car the whole time. I'm not going to say there wasn't whining, but I sure took care of that in a jiffy.....and they whined no more...
Lunch at Costco was one of the best ideas we had... SO much pizza to be had...

Justin's niece made the wonderful decision to get baptized and become a member of our church. Justin was asked to speak. It was such a wonderful experience to be a part of! So glad we could make it!

 Danny decided that his friends were much cooler than us, and decided to bail. But that's okay because I love Jenny and Jasmin more anyways... ;)
Jenny figured out how to take pictures on my phone.. I opened it up and there were a million that looked very much like this one.. What a cutie.

This girls loves just dance, and she is good at it too!

Best friends forever!

Ice cream at Maggie Moo's (the coldstone of Cedar City) with Jenny, McKell (Jasmin's friend) and Jasmin. It was amazing!

I caught this completely candid. She was jut "reading" quietly in the car, it was adorable.

HAPPY FAMILY!

Jasmin and Jenny at the river in St. George

Yes, that is a mullet.... Gross.

Family week was some of the most fun I have ever had! I love these people with all my heart and hope they can come to visit again soon!

Thanks for reading!!

The Ricos!

No comments:

Post a Comment