Background

Sunday, April 7, 2013

Easter

The weather has gotten SO beautiful lately, it's been incredibly hard for me not to drop everything and just go soak up the sun. Summer fever is definitely in the air! Easter weekend was so exception. Not only was I blessed with sun shine and family members, but the remembrance of a wonderful sacrifice by my savior that made it possible for me to be here today.

Our weekend started out with a short visit up north to my mom's house, and we had the opportunity to see Jenny and Danny before they had to go up to my dad's house for the weekend. We kicked if off by a couple rounds of golf at Trafalga, games in the arcade, and mustaches. We got to spend some time with Grandma and Grandpa Hicken, which is always a wonderful time, they are so funny. I love them more than I can ever say.

The next day we were off to Gunnison just in time to make it to Tyzack's 6th birthday. It was such a cute party. Everything was themed with tractors, and it was absolutely adorable. We then colored eggs at Grandma Jensen's house, and then had a junk food fest that night at Marcia's. It was awesome.

Easter Sunday was a beautiful day and church was great. I always feel really blessed when I get to go to the Spanish Branch with Justin. It really makes me work hard to know what is going on, but because of that I feel as though I learn even more. We then had a WONDERFUL Easter dinner at Grandma's, and it was so amazing, I forgot all about my diet! Sergio and Marcia shared some hilarious stories about Justin; I nearly peed my pants. It definitely made me feel better about my blonde moments he always makes fun of me for.

Of course the weekend was over WAY too fast! We always make up excuses so we can try to stay even longer, but school always seems to creep back up on us and we have to come back to Cedar City.

Hopefully the break in getting to see them again is short. WE LOVE OUR FAMILY!

 Some of my favorite people in the whole world!! Aren't they cute?!
Danny bought us all mustaches with his tickets he won from playing the games. 
It was a perfect picture opportunity. My mom's face is killing me... I'm a little scared.
So. handsome.

 There is a reason we got married. 
 Samantha, Danny, and Madison after the festival of colors.. EWW.
 Da GIRLS!!!
 Um... She is SUPER good at golfing. It is scary.
 The sad thing is, I think Jenny did better than I did.... And I was actually trying!!
 These girlies are so dang cute!! They all just love each other! 
 Haha! Jasmin got her hair stuck in a plant while we were cleaning up from dying eggs. Silly girl.
 Holding Kara's new baby Aker. He is SO DANG CUTE!
Woah and behold, you CAN die eggs with kool-aid. And it smells amazing!

It was such a great Easter and I am so grateful we got to spend it with our family. It only would have been better if we could have seen them all! Thank you to those who read the blog, it means a lot.

Love, The Rico's

4 comments:

  1. Tyzack.. Olsen?... How are you related?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome post babe :) I love the mustash picture with everyone!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Corrine- Yeah he is my husbands cousin's son. Him and Shara are really close. Do you know them?! Small world. I saw that you were in Gunnison over Easter and we were there at the same time! Do you have family there?!

    ReplyDelete
  4. He's my husband's cousin's son too! Haha. Except through Brandon. That's crazy. :)

    ReplyDelete