Background

Sunday, March 17, 2013

Spring Break- CALIFORNIA!


My amazing husband and I had the wonderful opportunity to go to Northern California to visit my sister and her adorable family. Not only did we get to play with one baby, but two babies! Kevin's brother and his wife came to visit at the same time and brought their adorable baby Maddax. We were so excited to get there we could hardly stand it, spring break couldn't have come at a better time.  The break was much needed, so we got up at 4 am the day before and left our house by 5. We just couldn't wait to get there.  The drive was awful but totally worth it. We had so much fun there and had tons of first time opportunities, it was great.

Sorry, the pictures are a little out of order from when they happened, but I figure its all the same anyways.

These two were so excited to have us come. Within our first couple hours there they jumped in their swim suits and we went swimming! It was so much fun!

We went to Alcatraz Island and did the audio tour one of the days, and I thought it was super cool. It was so awesome to learn about all the stuff they did inside. Granted, my only knowledge of what prison is like is from the TV show "Prison Break", so I didn't really have much prior knowledge. It was really interesting to see what it looked like and how things were run. I can't believe how small the cells were, can't say I'm sorry for them though. Kassidy thought she was one of the big kids and had to join in on the audio portion of it. She is just so dang cute!

Justin and Mckinley were pretty much inseparable, he was so cute with the kids, I can't wait to start a family with him. In this picture he was whistling to her and she was trying to get it, very cute! She just loved him. At one point Robyn actually had to ask to hold her baby because we hogged her so much. Robyn kept saying, "Mckinley is going to think Justin is her mommy and not me!"

Kassidy and Korbin at the park. We love them to pieces.

Of course we had to go to the Jelly Belly factory, but since Justin was the only one who had never been, everyone else opted out and we went alone. Okay, okay, it's not the most interesting thing in the world, but everyone needs to experience it just once. This is a "painting" of the statute of liberty made out of Jelly Belly's. It has about 10,000 jelly beans in it. Crazy huh?!

Justin's first time seeing the Golden Gate Bridge. It was so pretty so I just had to take a pic.

 Justin and I felt like we didn't get to spend enough time in San Francisco because it was both of our first times seeing the piers and the ocean there so we went back and explored a little one of the days. We went over to Ghirardelli square and tasted some amazing chocolate and cupcakes. Then we went over to fisherman's wharf (Or as Kurt [Kevin's brother] would call it, "fisherman's DWARF) and had some clam chowder in sourdough bread bowls and fish and chips. We got to see a couple of WWII ships up close and found place that had old fashioned San Franciscan carnival games inside. See the one of Justin with Nacho Libre? Pretty sure that same one is on Princess Diaries when she takes her Grandma out on the town, I nearly peed my pants when I saw it. 
Like I said, they loved each other. I got in the shower one morning and came back out to this and Kurt sleeping on the other couch. Funny boys. 

Korbin and Kassidy loved Justin's sun glasses, and they looked super cute in them so I can't complain. 


Just look at that cute face!!!!

Us at Muir Woods. It was really cool. If you get a chance, ask Justin how to say the name... He'll end up saying something with lot of R's in it and it sounds like he has a lisp. I had fun with that one. 

This would be Kurt, Whitney and Maddax. I told them to stand together so I could take a picture, this is what i got. They call it the "awkward family" picture. Dorks. 

This folks, is a banana slug. They live in Muir Woods and Justin actually spotted a couple while we were hiking, but of course we were all so excited that we actually saw one, and we forgot to take a picture. Nicely done. 

I don't know why this picture is tinted red, but we're cute none the less. 

Robyn's family with me and Justin. I love them so much, I wish they didn't live so far away. 

CUTE!!! At the beach. Justin and I were so gung-ho about jumping in the water after our hike through Muir Woods. We thought it would be nice and refreshing... that was a lie. Robyn told us it was cold but she forgot to mention it was a mere 32 and a half degrees. We could barely get our toes in without freaking out. We should have listened to Robyn... she always knows best. 

Well folks, that was our trip to California. It was so much fun and I am so sad that we are back home and have to go to school tomorrow. Robyn and Kevin were so hospitable and fun and we absolutley loved hanging out with Kurt and Whitney too! It was the best spring break we could ask for.....

Only like two more months of school right?.....


Love, Karina & Justin

1 comment: