Background

Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Summer is over!

Wow! Can you believe it?! School starts in 5 days, and I am kinda freaking out! It's kinda nerve wrecking to start at a new college where you have no friends, and not to mention, nobody wants to be friends with married people! haha. But thats okay, cuz I have Justin, and he is all I need! I am definitely not mentally prepared for school to start, but I'm excited anyways. I may be a dork, but I love going to school. Don't get me wrong, I can't WAIT for it to be over, but I am good at it, and we treat each other fairly. I know its been a while since I've posted, but not too much has gone on around here. We got awesome opportunity to go home and see my family for a couple of days for my favorite time of the year, the 24th! I don't know if you know this, but it's pretty much big deal in Spanish Fork, and I wouldn't miss it for the world. Plus seeing my family and all that jazz too... haha Just kidding! They are my favorite part! What a great way to spend my favorite Grandma's birthday, then with all of the people close to me heart!

As I'm sure most of you know (seeing as most of my readers are my family), Justin has to get knee surgery on both of his knees soon, so we asked our Manager if we could move down a floor or two so I wouldn't have to haul the guy up three flight of steps... Gratefully, there was an opening downstairs, but also one across the parking lot with more than one room, and a really great price, at ground level! Which means so hauling my hunky man up the stairs! (Not that I wouldn't love to do that, but lets get real, my arms are equivalent to jello). We gladly took the offer and couldn't be happier! Its the same layout as the old apartment, but with two more bedrooms upstairs. I'm not going to lie, it was in pretty bad shape when we got here, but our amazing manager has helped us fix it up, and I have nearly cleaned every surface to about as clean as you can get! WHEW... Just a day after we moved here, it rained like crazy (well it does that just about every day here, but this time was longer than 5-10 minutes) and our apartment complex flooded. Don't worry, it didn't reach our apartment, but it was INSANE to see. It went up to our knees in some parts!... But we got moved in and absolutely love it here, it was definitely a blessing to have this opening. Justin will probably get his first knee done around Thanksgiving... Don't worry, I'll keep you posted.

Other than that, we have just been working on making friends, going to work and getting ready for school! I can't wait to be a Thunderbird, but this is definitively a HUGE new chapter in our lives! I don't really know if anyone reads this, but I hope you do. And I hope you know how much I love you!

XOXO, The Rico's

I accidentally made a few holes in the drywall at our old apartment, so for a trade, our manager said if he fixed them, we had to paint and he wouldn't charge us! Sounds good to us! 
He he... I gave this to him... it looks pretty good eh?

Oh yeah, I forgot I had mine on my face and went to get something from our new apartment and people kept smiling and waving. I just thought they were being nice... That was not the case...
My amazing husband and I at the Spanish Fork parade! Along with my beautiful Grandma (whose birthday it was) and my amazing brother in law that I love very much!

Our beautiful Jenny got to ride on the float with Miss Spanish Fork and she couldn't have looked more fabulous! 

Jenny seems to love Justin more than me now... I've been replaced.
Us standing in the flooded section of the parking lot.. Our manager doesn't look to amused does he?

After 5 minutes of raining...
And this is what we do when we are bored... I thought it might put a smile on someone's face. I sure crack up when I see them!


3 comments:

  1. Um, you guys are nerds :) I loved talking to you today and I love the updates! Keep em coming and good luck with school Monday! Love you :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. A few holes? Accidently? Geeze the couple in Four didnt even leave as many holes in the wall as you did. I guess that is why you are trying to get rid of us.

    ReplyDelete