Background

Thursday, July 5, 2012

Settling In

Well.. Things around here have been pretty normal lately. Justin and I have both been working on starting new jobs, and getting our new schedules to work together. Justin is currently working at Maverik doing the graveyard shift... Needless to say I miss him very much. Its very weird sleeping alone again. I have a job at a local Allstate office doing secretarial work and also at a girls home working with troubled girls as a mentor. Its scary sometimes, but I have a feeling I'm going to like it there. Don't worry, on my first day, they told me not to wear any jewelry in case a girl tried to rip them off my body, wear shoes you can run in, in case a girl tries to run away, and that they were going to get me trained in special defensive moves in case a girl tries to harm me.... Super. Sounds safe right?! Justin did not want me to work there, but after my first day I realized that it was unnecessary because all the girls are really well behaved except they all are SUPER pissy... Fear not, I don't think I'll be getting shanked any time soon, and if I do, I promise to share with ya'll... I bet it would be a great story. :)

 I spend a lot of my free time looking up new an exciting recipes to try on my poor new hubby but he is a great sport about all of it.. and he claims that he "likes" them... well, most of them anyways.

We have a couple of really great friends, the Casper's but since we've all started getting jobs, we haven't been able to hang out as much as we would like... :( They are really great sports, and we all work around each others schedules at least once a week to have dinner together every Sunday, and it is definitely the highlight of my week! We take turns cooking the main meal and bringing dessert, and watch our favorite show together BIG BANG THEORY... WOOOT!

We were recently called as our ward Activity Chairmen and are very excited to have this calling! We are currently working on our July activity and hopefully it goes well. I promise to post pics soon.

Overall, we absolutely LOVE it here in Cedar. Yes things are hard as a young married couple, but nothing we can't handle and we love our new lives together. Thank you everyone for all of your support and love! I really wish I had something witty or a great story to tell, but alas I do not... Maybe I'll get better at this blogging thing and really have some good stuff. :) Until next time!

Justin and I at the park on the 4th of July eatin' a hamburger and watchin karaoke. Super fun.

I get very bored and LONELY when Justin works, so to let him know how much I love him, I try and think of creative notes to leave him when he gets home to let him know how much I love him. Its super fun, and then I don't feel as bad for sleeping as he works so hard. :)

This was my epic fail at my attempt to make bread at two o'clock in the morning. It went horribly, horribly wrong.... the dough tasted great, but it was very flat and doughy... nice one Mrs. Rico

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention... I decided one day that I wanted a haircut... So I got one. Done and done.


Some of our cute pictures in our little apartment. I love them. :)

Adorable bookcase showing off our movies and gifts from the wedding. I'm in love with this bookcase.. I know it sounds weird, but I really am. Don't tell my husband. 

Our beautiful picture of the Manti Temple that my brother Danny so wonderfully bought for us! I love you Dan!

Very bad pic of our kitchen looking in.

Another bookshelf... Not as awesome as the other one, but I still really like it.
The Rico's

1 comment:

  1. Yay for a new post! I love your cute little apartment! It's decorated sooooo cute! And your haircut is adorable :) I miss you sister and I'm grateful for the updates. See you soon!

    ReplyDelete